Barrington Homes Awarded Best of Design: New Kitchen by Pittsburgh Magazine
Barrington Homes was recently awarded Best of Design: New Kitchen by [Pittsburgh Magazine] for Kathryn Heinauer’s coastal Cape Cod Kitchen inspired design. Pittsburgh Magazine is the leading provider of Pittsburgh’s latest news, inspirations and attractions.
The new Cape Cod kitchen design is done in “vibrant blues and soothing whites, wicker and grass cloth.” The kitchen was created specifically for a family of five, designed for a “a place for everyone to gather for family meals.”
Inspiration for the design was “specifically to let them feel as though they are at the beach year-round.”
Cape Cod Kitchen Details:
- Focal island complete with cabinetry and coated in Sherwin Williams’ Interesting Aqua.
- Custom walnut sink base resting below Quartz countertops and large windows overlooking the yard.
- Unique marble tile mosaic backsplash by Splash/Nicklas Supply.
- Carrara subway tile complements the backsplash throughout the rest of the kitchen.
- Barrel ceiling and short walkway creates the entrance to the family’s mudroom.
- Wallpaper lines the back of the glass cabinets on either end of the countertop to tie in the blue and white theme of the kitchen.
- Accents include gold sink faucet and light fixtures, black hardware on the sink base and brushed nickel on the cabinets.
“‘The designer chose a material palette that seemed to work in perfect harmony with one another,’ says judge Stephanie Schill Hayden of Schill Architecture in Cleveland. ‘The gold light fixtures gave a luxurious vibe to the space, but the light blue island and wood sink cabinetry added a cozy, homey vibe that feels right for a family home.’”
The article “Best of Design: New Kitchens” was released in the [April 2021 issue of Pittsburgh Magazine].