Barrington Homes Awarded Best of Design: New Kitchen by Pittsburgh Magazine
The new Cape Cod inspired kitchen design is done in “vibrant blues and soothing whites, wicker and grass cloth.” The kitchen was created specifically for a family of five, designed for a “a place for everyone to gather for family meals.”
Inspiration for the design was “specifically to let them feel as though they are at the beach year-round.”
Cape Cod Inspired Kitchen Details:
- Focal island complete with cabinetry and coated in Sherwin Williams’ Interesting Aqua.
- Custom walnut sink base resting below Quartz countertops and large windows overlooking the yard.
- Unique marble tile mosaic backsplash by Splash/Nicklas Supply.
- Carrara subway tile complements the backsplash throughout the rest of the kitchen.
- Barrel ceiling and short walkway creates the entrance to the family’s mudroom.
- Wallpaper lines the back of the glass cabinets on either end of the countertop to tie in the blue and white theme of the kitchen.
- Accents include gold sink faucet and light fixtures, black hardware on the sink base and brushed nickel on the cabinets.
“‘The designer chose a material palette that seemed to work in perfect harmony with one another,’ says judge Stephanie Schill Hayden of Schill Architecture in Cleveland. ‘The gold light fixtures gave a luxurious vibe to the space, but the light blue island and wood sink cabinetry added a cozy, homey vibe that feels right for a family home.’”
The article “Best of Design: New Kitchens” was released in the [April 2021 issue of Pittsburgh Magazine].