Our Construction Practices
Finding the right floorplan, with the ideal curb appeal, on a great lot are all very important aspects to building a home. But the most important decision is the Builder that you choose, and what expertise, quality, craftsmanship, and overall product they can offer you.
DESIGN & PLANNING:
While we’re happy to build plans a customer may bring to us, for the most part we design all of our own floorplans in-house. This inherently makes your home more unique, and allows us to design on the fly with you as ideas are discussed.
This also prevents having to slow down the design process by avoiding other outside parties. Ultimately with this approach we have found customers get a very unique home, are more knowledgeable throughout the design process about their budget, and get started on their homes sooner.
Finally, we perform extensive prep work and site evaluations to give your house the perfect setting on your lot.
Below are just a few of the practices we enact in order to offer the Best Custom Home on the Market
- Poured Concrete Foundation Walls
- 3 Different French Drain Systems and Extensive Gravel around foundation
- Hem-Fir Lumber, Steel Beams, and Truss Walls throughout
- Continuous Structural Insulated Sheathing around your entire home
- Ice & Water Shield and Electronic Power Vents for a healthy roof/attic environment
- Custom Wood Trim, Dens, Cooktop Bulkheads, Kitchen Islands
- In-home Tutorials on how to operate and run Appliances
Barrington Homes is an approved Energy Star Certified Builder. All of our homes contain:
- Pella Insulated Low E, double pane windows
- Spray Foam insulated band boards around all floors
- Interior Super Seal Package
- High Density, Ecobatt Fiberglass Insulation
- Continuous Insulation Panels around the entire home
- Energy Inspections and reports performed by local Certified Energy professionals
- 92% + Efficiency Furnaces
As your home is nearing its completion, the entire process is overseen by our Quality Control Manager. Furthermore, we conduct the most extensive, detailed, and specific oversight of the completion of your home in our continuing effort to move our customers into a perfect home. Finally, Barrington Homes conducts a personal Homeowner Orientation with all of our customers to familiarize you with your new home, complete with a Homeowners Manual for you to keep.